LuLuSchiller

LuLu's Living Library

I am a bookaholic and I admit I have a problem, but I do not want help resolving this problem because honestly it's an amazing problem that involves an ever-expanding library with thousands of tales to be read.

The Awakening (Graveyard Queen) by Amanda Stevens (No (2017-03-28)
Amanda Stevens (No
Progress: 116/409 pages
The Wild Queen: The Days and Nights of Mary Queen of Scots
Carolyn Meyer
Progress: 60/420 pages
Reign: Hysteria
Lily Blake

{Bout of Books 9.0} Challenge: Bookish Wedding

1. What fictional character would you marry?

Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery

I have been in love with Gilbert Blythe since I was 12-years-old when I first read this series.  I love how is he is smart, but he also very supportive of Anne as she is goes after her dreams of teaching and writing her own novel.  He is so loving and has eyes for Anne alone.  I adore him and I wish I could have been Anne!

2. Who would be your Maid of Honor?

Chloe Finley from The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

I would choose Chloe to be my Maid of Honor because I feel that if I were to meet her in real life we would be kindred spirits (as Anne from Anne of Green Gables would say).  Her special relationship with books really appeals to me and I would love to have a friend who was followed around by books.  No doubt, wedding planning books would be following her around if she was my Maid of Honor.

3. What fictional world would you want to get married in?In the garden of The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

After reading this book in elementary school, I have always dreamed of being able to have my own secret garden. It would be so romantic to be married in "The Secret Garden."

4. Who would you pick to play the music at your wedding?

Anne Elliot from Persuasion by Jane Austen

I chose Anne Elliot to play music at my wedding because she is such an accomplished pianist and everyone loves dancing to her music.  She would be the perfect musician for my traditional romantic "Secret Garden" wedding.

5. Who would be your photographer?

Mac Elliot from Vision in White by Nora Roberts

This was an obvious choice--in the novel she is a wedding photographer. She would do an amazing job with the engagement photos as well.

6. Who would you sit at the singles table (and hope they fall in love)?

Belinda Warburton-Stoke from Her Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen

Ian Flannery from One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

I choose these two characters because, well, they are the only two characters that I could think of that were single.  Belinda would love Ian because is rich and powerful and dangerous (she likes to live on the wild side).  I would like to think Ian would like her because she has a pulse, but also because she is funny and wouldn't be scared off by his lifestyle.

7. Who would be your flower girl and ring bearer?

Flower Girl--Adele Varen from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Adele would be the perfect flower girl.  She would take her job very seriously because she would want the praise of all those in attendance as being the very best flower girl in existence. She is a performer and she would be in her element in my wedding.

Ring Bearer--Hunter Savoy from Dead in the Family by Charlene Harris

Hunter Savory is the son of Sookie Stackhouse's cousin Hadley.  He is very mature for his age and I believe he would be a good match to Adele's frills and frothiness.  Also, he could entertain Adele with his telepathy abilities.

8. Who would you want to plan the bachelorette party?

Bridget Jones from Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

Can you say FUN!  With Bridget Jones at the helm of my bachelorette party, I know hijinks and hilarity will ensue.  It would be a night I would remember forever.

9. At the wedding, who would be the first on the dance floor?

Catherine "Cat" Crawfield and Crispin "Bones" Russell from Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

All I can say about these two is that they know how to move.  Their dance scenes in the Night Huntress series are very memorable!

10. Who would give a speech or toast?

Emma from Emma by Jane Austen

Emma would give a great speech about love and how she somehow had an hand in our getting together.  The speech would be sincere, touching, and slightly humorous--the perfect combination.

11. Who would catch the bouquet or garter?

Georgiana Rannoch and Darcy O'Mara from Her Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen

*HINT! HINT!*  These two need to catch the bouquet and the garter already.  It has been 7 books already and they are still not married.  Maybe this will be the catalyst they need to finally get hitched themselves.  I love these two...get married already!

Challenge Hosted by