LuLuSchiller

LuLu's Living Library

I am a bookaholic and I admit I have a problem, but I do not want help resolving this problem because honestly it's an amazing problem that involves an ever-expanding library with thousands of tales to be read.

The Awakening (Graveyard Queen) by Amanda Stevens (No (2017-03-28)
Amanda Stevens (No
Progress: 116/409 pages
The Wild Queen: The Days and Nights of Mary Queen of Scots
Carolyn Meyer
Progress: 60/420 pages
Reign: Hysteria
Lily Blake

BookTube-A-Thon Wrap Up

Success!  Finally, I feel like I have been successful after completing a read-a-thon.  Even though I did not participate in the video challenges, I was still able to read 7 books and complete 5 out of the 7 reading challenges.

Here are the challenges I completed:

1. Read a book with blue on the cover.  ✔

2.Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name.

3. Read someone else's favorite book.

5. Finish a book without letting go of it.

7. Read seven books.

Here are the books:

Here are the Fails:

4. Read the last book you acquired.

The reason I failed this challenge is because I was continuing to acquire books and I couldn't make up my mind which book to read.  After making my original TBR list for the BookTube-A-Thon I acquired a total of 15 new books.  Since The Singular & Extraordinary Tale of Mirror & Goliath by Ishbelle Bee was no longer the last book I acquired, I did not see that it would meet this challenge and chose not to read it.

6. Read a book you really want to read.

Even though I really wanted to read the Poldark books, there was just not enough time to.  Also, after reading the first book in the Half-Light City series and purchasing the next three books, my interest has shifted somewhat.  While I still want to read the Poldark books, I think I will save them for the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon next week (after I finish the Half-Light City series this week).

Overall, I am very pleased with my reading this week.  I generally only read one to two books a week, which is equivalent to approximately 300 to 700 pages a week with about 5 to 10 total hours spent reading during the week.  Therefore, with my total pages read, I have read about 459 pages more that I would have normally and an extra 8.5 hours spent reading during the week.

I hope the success continues when the Bout of Books 14 Read-A-Thon begins on August 17th...